Iron Therapy for Greater Treatment Success
What makes FeraMAX® different from other iron supplements, and why is it important?
In a Row!
Thank you for continuing to trust FeraMAX® with your patients’ iron health!
#1 recommended iron supplement by Physicians and Pharmacists†
for your Iron Deficiency Anemia patients Fera max®
- Highest amount of elemental iron available (150 mg) in single capsules, based on optimal adult dose of 2-3 mg/kg/day recommended by Anemia Guidelines for Family Medicine*,1,2
Pd Therapeutic 150 is well tolerated with once daily dosing3 which benefits patient compliance Fera max®
- Competitively priced per mg of elemental iron based on therapeutic dose
- Over 250 million doses have been dispensed in Canada over the last 10 years4
- Recognized by the Society of Obstetricians and Gynecologists of Canada
- FeraMAX® Powder (PIC) does not stain teeth1 and has a pleasant grape/raspberry flavor
- † Pharmacy Practice+ and Profession Sante 2021 / The Medical Post and Profession Sante 2021 – Survey on OTC Counselling and Recommendations
- * According to the Anemia Guidelines for Family Medicine, the optimal adult dose of elemental iron is 2-3 mg per kg per day. For an average 60 kg woman, the dose amounts to 120 to 180 mg per day
- 1. Anemia Guidelines for Family Medicine (Toronto: MUMS Guidelines, 2014); 8
- 2. www.statcan.gc.ca/pub/82-003-x/2011003/article/11533/tbl/tbl1-eng.htm Mean height, weight, body mass index (BMI) and prevalence of obesity, by collection method and sex, household population aged 18 to 79, Canada, 2008, 2007 to 2009, and 2005. November 7, 2016
- 3. Iron Deficiency – Investigation and Management. Government of British Columbia Web site.
https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/health/practitioner-professional-resources/bc-guidelines/iron-deficiency. Updated June 15, 2010. Accessed November 23, 2017
- 4. BioSyent Inc. data on file